- In traditional venture capital, less than one in every 300 companies that pitch to investors actually raises capital.
- The pitches that achieve funding share the fundamental facts about the business that investors need to know but also differentiate the entrepreneurs and the opportunity in a way that stands out.
- Build your story slide by slide make sure each slide makes a key point and only move on when it’s clear that the investor understands what you are trying to convey.
- Investors want to make money, but the way that is accomplished in a private company is by backing a team who has the ability to grow a business and build value from where it is today into an enterprise that is worth significantly more to other investors or acquirers at some point in the future.
- Venture capital investors look for large and growing markets, with novel and sustainable solutions that underpin the reason for creating a company.
- The reason to start a business is not just because there is a new market developing; it’s that you know how to manage all the aspects of running the business, building the team, and building value for you and your investors.
Read full article: greenentrepreneur.com