An inside look at Eaze’s latest pitch deck reveals vastly scaled back ambitions from the once-soaring cannabis startup
Posted On May 28, 2020
- In the 2017 pitch deck, produced before adult-use legalization went into effect in California, the company predicted massive scale, touted expansion plans into eight new states by the first half of 2019, and said it would handle $1 billion worth of cannabis transactions across multiple states by the end of 2020 with what the company expected to be thriving commercial cannabis markets.
- Eaze’s 2020 pitch deck reveals a very different company than what it predicted it would be in its earlier years.
- In the 2020 deck, Eaze says it hopes to sell $190 million worth of cannabis by the end of this year, generating $125 million in revenue
- Most cannabis companies, at the time, couldn’t take credit cards, since the substance is federally illegal.
- The Eaze spokesperson said the company is ” engineered to be responsive to what the market looks like today, versus what people hoped the markets would look like,” as evidence by the pitch deck published in full below.
Read full article: businessinsider.com