Anaheim City Council Rejects Legalizing Cannabis Shops, Debates Revenue and Timing
Posted On June 15, 2020
- Anaheim City Council Rejects Legalizing Cannabis Shops, Debates Revenue and Timing
- Anaheim City Council members have turned down allowing cannabis shops to open in the city.
- At last week’s public council meeting, many residents argued that cannabis sales could create a much needed new revenue stream to fill an expected $75 million budget shortfall stemming from the novel coronavirus.
- Ament is not an official aide, according to Sidhu’s staff listing on the city’s website, yet many council observers, like Barnes, believe he functions as one.
- The shops could have created a new revenue stream for the city, which is grappling with a projected $75 million budget deficit, said Kring.
Read full article: voiceofoc.org