- Home Arkansas Blog Arkansas leads in increasing marijuana busts; disproportionately targeting black people
- Medical marijuana may be legal in Arkansas, but it hasn’t deterred cops from ramping up marijuana busts and disproportionately targeting black people .
- The American Civil Liberties Union issued a new report today that said arrests for marijuana possession had increased nearly 50 percent since 2010.
- Black people, who use marijuana at about the same rate as white people, were 2.4 times merely likely to be arrested.
- Nationally, a Black person is 3.64 times more likely to be arrested for marijuana possession than a white person, even though Black and white people use marijuana at similar rates.
Read full article: arktimes.com