- Following Super Tuesday, there are now only two serious contenders for the Democratic presidential nomination: progressive Vermont senator Bernie Sanders and, in the lead, centrist former vice president and Delaware senator Joe Biden.
- Sanders released his plan for cannabis legalization last October, setting a goal of removing the plant from the Controlled Substances Act within his first 100 days after taking office.
- By executive order, I can and will legalize marijuana in every state in this country, Sanders said, according to Newsweek .
- It also said he would decriminalize recreational marijuana use and automatically expunge prior convictions, and reschedule marijuana so researchers can study its health impacts.
- When you talk about marijuana, everybody says, Biden says it’s a gateway drug,’ he said.
Read full article: cannabisnow.com