- In an emergency call to action sent Monday to governors of legal medical marijuana states, Americans for Safe Access , a leading nonprofit medical cannabis advocacy group, asked the officials to take immediate steps to ensure that patients have access to products during a period of social distancing that has no clear end in sight.
- Yesterday, we sent a letter to governors and directors of state medical cannabis programs asking them to take immediate action to ensure that patients continue to have access to medical cannabis and that the supply chain is not interrupted.
- In an ideal world for advocates, language from the revised bill would be inserted into the budget before it arrives at Cuomo’s desk, Melissa Moore, New York deputy state director of the Drug Policy Alliance, told Marijuana Moment.
- Cuomo was asked again at a Monday press conference whether he still wanted to include policy issues such as cannabis legalization in the budget.
- It’s not clear if the new marijuana language filed just days ago has been thought through enough for the governor, who also said at the presser that recent efforts to regionally coordinate a legalization plan have inadvertently helped Northeast states communicate more effectively on a coronavirus response .
- Sanders released a criminal justice reform plan last year that calls for the legalization of safe consumption sites where individuals can use illicit drugs in a medically supervised environment and get assistance going into treatment.
Read full article: marijuanamoment.net