Break Out Those Old Pot Prescriptions
Posted On April 8, 2020
- Santa Clara County prioritizes medicinal marijuana and limits recreational sales to deliveries.
- Most consumers of legal cannabis are recreational users, after all.
- It’s a dilemma that local governments have wrestled with since the middle of March, when six Bay Area counties, followed later by the state government, issued stay-at-home orders and forbade all but ” essential” businesses to close down.
- A couple of weeks ago, Berkeley issued an order that cannabis shops had to close, even for curbside pickup.
- As of Tuesday, local dispensaries, customers, and some of their shops’ suppliers were mounting a pressure campaign to get Santa Clara to back off, just as San Francisco and Berkeley had done.
Read full article: eastbayexpress.com