BUSINESS MAVERICK: The cannabis industry in SA – still a field of dreams
Posted On June 8, 2020
- ‘Government has no vision for South Africa’s cannabis future,’ says Gareth Prince, chair of the Cannabis Development Council.
- The market for cannabidiol products has exploded in South Africa in the past year, with drops, vape products, teas, supplements and rubbing oils available at outlets ranging from health shops to flea markets.
- This notice expired on 23 May, and new regulations were scheduled in the nick of time, on 22 May.
- Now every person in the value chain, except for retailers, will require a 22C licence (of the Medicines Act) to manufacture, import, export, wholesale or distribute these products, says Keichel.
- ” Government has no vision for South Africa’s cannabis future,” he says.
Read full article: dailymaverick.co.za