- In 2018, CBD was approved for use as a seizure treatment for patients with either Lennox-Gastaut syndrome or Dravet syndrome, which are both drug-resistant forms of epilepsy.
- CBD may also act on certain compounds to help reduce inflammation and improve seizures.
- The legalisation of Epidiolex as a seizure medication will and has had significant implications for Dravet syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome patients.
- Studies involving Epidiolex specifically have found that it can reduce both seizure frequency and severity.
- While Epidiolex and CBD can have some side effects, it is generally considered to be a safe and effective treatment option for epilepsy patients.
Read full article: openaccessgovernment.org