- It is one of several illegal cannabis stores still operating in Vancouver more than 18 months after marijuana was legalized in Canada.
- Mike Babins, who owns Evergreen Cannabis, said he was shocked to learn so many illegal stores are still open.
- Abbotsford Police Chief Mike Serr, who co-chairs the drug advisory committee of the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police, says law enforcement is aware of the challenges of black market cannabis.
- We’re now finally able to run our businesses based on real consumer insights, real sales data, he said.
- The government alleges the cash is proceeds of crime and that Chevalier has been involved in trafficking controlled substances, selling, promoting sales and supplying illicit cannabis in a manner that does not comply with the Cannabis Control and Licensing Act, and distributing and selling illicit cannabis contrary to the Cannabis Act.
- As in the other cases, Butula is accused of violating both the provincial Cannabis Control and Licensing Act and the federal Cannabis Act.
Read full article: vancouversun.com