- It also appeared to create large, swollen vesicles inside the cell that were the precursors of a breakdown in the cell.
- This swelling is a ” hallmark” of cell death, the authors suggest.
- After treatment with a variety of cell death inhibitors, we demonstrate that CBD-induced cell death occurs via apoptosis; a classically necroptotic protein, RIPK3, also appears to be involved.
- we show that sensitivity to CBD increases with HCQ treatment in canine cells, which suggests involvement of the autophagy pathway for mediating CBD-induced cell death.
- These data demonstrate that human and canine glioma cells respond similarly to CBD, indicate a non-canonical function of RIPK3, and support the involvement of autophagy in CBD-induced cell death.
Read full article: inverse.com