CBD Melbourne: King leaves empty throne at Melbourne Symphony
Posted On May 28, 2020
- The question of how to bridge a serious rift between musicians and the executive team at Melbourne’s Symphony Orchestra must be front of mind for boss
- will leave the orchestra in mid-June to take a role at the Sydney Symphony Orchestra.
- The spat kicked off in March when the board opted to stand down musicians and put them on the government’s JobKeeper package despite the fact they had been negotiating to take a 50 per cent pay cut.
- Things got worse when the board then decided to keep three-quarters of the administrative staff working with a pay cut of 20 per cent.
- Whether the preselection takes place in the near future, or even this year, is another question.
Read full article: theage.com.au