Could IIPR be a Millionaire Maker REIT?
Posted On June 12, 2020
- IIPR is an industrial real estate investment trust (REIT) that acquires, owns, and manages properties leased to experienced and licensed operators of regulated medical cannabis facilities .
- With this strategy, Innovative Industrial Properties purchases the real estate from currently operating facilities with a proven track record and then leases the properties back to them.
- IIPR’s sale-leaseback program provides the medical cannabis industry something that’s difficult for marijuana businesses to obtain: capital.
- As more states legalize the medical use of cannabis, IIPR will see significant growth opportunities, especially since many of their current tenants will likely be some of the first to expand into these states.
- They may even find themselves competing with other cannabis businesses to be able to continue operating in their local area, as some local municipalities add ordinances limiting the number of facilities allowed to operate in their jurisdiction.
Read full article: fool.com