- Businesses need to be aware of decisions that could lead to injury, Sampson said.
- If a consumer becomes ill after using a certain product and makes a product liability claim, Sampson said it’s likely that dispensaries, cultivators and other brands and companies in the supply chain could get sued.
- To protect themselves against these claims, businesses need product liability insurance, which is sometimes a component of commercial general liability (CGL) insurance.
- In the cannabis industry, certain exclusions could limit coverage available under a policy, Sampson said.
- It really turns on the policy language, and that’s why, if you do get a claim, consult with counsel, consult with your broker, look at your insurance policies, because there may be coverage, Sampson said.
Read full article: cannabisbusinesstimes.com