- Delta Dental Pushes Message That Marijuana and Anesthesia Don’t Mix
- According to experts with the company’s local affiliate, Delta Dental of Arizona, failing to tell doctors or anesthesiologists about marijuana use could create complications.
- A study published in the May 2019 Journal of the American Osteopathic Association found that patients who use regularly may need more anesthesia, which could create additional health concerns in itself.
- Delta Dental of Arizona put out a news release with the cautionary information last week through Gordon C. James Public Relations.
- Whether that’s true or not, the combination of anesthesia and cannabis does appear to be a legit concern of medical professionals, with the issue also being discussed in recent issues of the Harvard Health Blog and the online Anesthesia News.
Read full article: phoenixnewtimes.com