East Brisbane residents tired of road work keeping them awake
Posted On March 11, 2020
- Sleep-deprived residents of East Brisbane say Brisbane City Council should have done more to account for their wellbeing ahead of the two-year Wynnum Road corridor upgrade, now close to completion.
- Since then Ms Rich said she and her family had suffered constant sleep deprivation from night work
- ” Council will always work to minimise the construction impacts on nearby residents and on a case-by-case basis, council can provide temporary relocation in exceptional circumstances,” Cr McLachlan said.
- Three residents have been offered relocation temporarily by council over the project’s timeline, of which two accepted temporary hotel stays during night work.
- She, like Ms Rich, wants the council to undertake more assessments of noise impacts on residents’ health and wellbeing when managing large-scale road projects.
Read full article: brisbanetimes.com.au