- Gov. J. B. Pritzker (D) signed an order deeming dispensaries and cultivation facilities essential services, and medical cannabis patients can obtain their products via curbside pickup, though that service is not available to recreational consumers.
- A new Treasury Department internal watchdog report criticizes the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for failing to adequately advise taxpayers in the marijuana industry about compliance with federal tax laws.
- Such guidance would improve awareness of tax filing requirements for taxpayers in this industry, such as the correct application of the policy, which would reduce the burden of tracking inventory for certain small businesses, the report, which was released on Monday, states.
- When projected over the population for Washington, the IRS missed the opportunity to address $3.9 million of potential assessments for Tax Year 2016, or $19.3 million when forecasted over five years, the audit states.
- : The agency said that depends upon IRS priorities and availability of resources, though it will review the current status of its agreements and use of publicly available state data.
- A separate piece of legislation that would allow VA doctors to issue medical cannabis recommendations, introduced by Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), was approved by the House Veterans’ Affairs Committee last month .
Read full article: marijuanamoment.net