- In June of 2017 the Humboldt County Planning and Building Department’s cannabis abatement program’s current incarnation began.
- This enforcement is overseen by the Planning and Building Department using satellite imagery to cite and notice alleged violations remotely.
- Since these changes were made to County Code, over 1000 properties in Humboldt County have received notices to abate alleged nuisances of all kinds for over two years.
- In this interview the abated property owner stated that he removed his vegetable greenhouses, applied for an appeal hearing in a timely manner (10 days) and says he has still not received his appeal hearing two years later.
- During the award acceptance speech, Director Ford said that there were only, two or three false positives that he was aware of, where someone received a notice to abate cannabis who wasn’t cultivating.
Read full article: kymkemp.com