- about the regulation of cannabidiol (CBD) products by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the government’s actions to create a comprehensive regulatory framework for CBD, which includes
- While the update alerts consumers, health professionals, and industry to FDA’s ongoing efforts to regulate CBD products, the efforts themselves are not dramatically new.
- For starters, Dr. Hahn flags educating the public of the risks to public health caused by CBD products as a paramount issue FDA plans to tackle.
- Therefore, FDA plans to focus on educating the public about CBD products’ safety and risks.
- Overall, this agency update is less of an update on progress and more a reminder of FDA’s ongoing work to create a regulatory framework for CBD products.
Read full article: natlawreview.com