- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration and Federal Trade Commission sent a warning letter last week to Herbal Amy, a Nampa-based company that sells CBD and herbal products on its website.
- We request that you take prompt action to cease the sale of such unapproved and unauthorized products for mitigation, prevention, treatment, diagnosis, or cure of COVID-19, said the letter to Herbal Amy and its proprietor, Amy Weidner.
- Herbal Amy was one of seven companies added to receive joint warning letters from the FDA and FTC demanding they cease selling fraudulent COVID-19 products.
- This Melbourne, Florida, company sells essential oils products that the FDA says are unapproved new drugs and misbranded drugs.
- This California essential oil dealer claimed cities in Wuhan, the part of China where the new coronavirus flowered, have told people to use pure essential oils for prevention.
Read full article: eastidahonews.com