- Diagnosed with Dravet syndrome , a rare form of epilepsy that begins in infancy, her parents turned to medical marijuana as a last resort to help their daughter and started researching cannabidiol, or CBD.In 2012, they met a group of brothers in Colorado who were breeding a special strain of medical cannabis that later became classified as hemp because of its high CBD, low THC content.
- In 2014, the Stanley brothers founded a namesake company, Charlotte’s Web CBD, in her honor.
- Charlotte’s astonishing life story brought so much hope and change to patients across the globe and it also legitimized medical marijuana and forced the world to pay attention.
- The grief over her passing has swept over the cannabis community like wildfire because she became more than a little girl, she became a beacon of hope to so many suffering that there was a chance they could stop suffering as well.
- Our foundation’s efforts to explore how cannabis delivers its broad health benefits is a tribute to trailblazers like Charlotte who’ve changed perceptions globally and empowered so many patients with access to life changing medicine in the process.
- Paige Figi and Heather Jackson, the first two success stories using Charlotte’s Web, along with Joel Stanley, founded the non-profit organization Realm of Caring in 2012.
Read full article: aspentimes.com