- The COVID-19 crisis has also highlighted the fact that many technological innovations simply don’t apply to the cannabis industry, Melillo adds.
- Effective immediately, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) has descheduled GW Pharmaceuticals’ Epidiolex, an anti-epileptic drug that contains cannabidiol (CBD).
- Initially, following approval from the DEA in 2018 , Epidiolex was listed under Schedule V.
- At the time, many industry stakeholders stressed that this move did not reschedule CBD alone as a Schedule-V substance.
- Thus, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration began its ongoing quest to understand and regulate CBD.
Read full article: cannabisbusinesstimes.com