- Yet the nuances of America’s growing cannabis industry can present obstacles that investors need to be aware of before jumping into the legalized marijuana space.
- Essentially, foreign investors will need to engage an American cannabis business at the state level, and the illegality of cannabis at the federal level can have significant immigration and taxation complications.
- One of the first obstacles for foreign investment can be the various residency requirements of each state regarding cannabis businesses.
- Another significant hurdle for foreign investors centers on immigration requirements.
- Since the use or selling of cannabis is still illegal at the federal level, one’s association with a legal cannabis business either in America or abroad could result in the denial of a visa or citizenship.
Read full article: greenentrepreneur.com