- In San Francisco, a tweet from the Department of Public Health describing cannabis as an ” essential medicine” was met with a long comment thread full of predictable stoner humor and finger-wagging about drug use.
- Very sad that a Department of Health would promote marijuana as an ‘essential medicine,'” one commenter tweeted.
- In San Francisco, people discovered early on that cannabis eased some AIDS-related symptoms notably nausea and appetite loss associated with the deadly wasting syndrome.
- ” I took one hit and I stopped vomiting, took a second hit and I felt the nausea ease,” he told me in an interview.
- operated a series of illegal dispensaries in San Francisco risky forerunners to the legal dispensaries of today.
Read full article: salon.com