- A man crosses a nearly empty street in San Francisco on Tuesday.
- Meanwhile, at a Target across the street, security guard Luis Lugo said the store has been busier than Christmas.
- By Monday, many Bay Area companies had already asked their employees to work from home.
- Foot traffic on the streets of Oakland’s Chinatown was light for a typical lunchtime rush, but shoppers still made runs on local stores, many wearing masks.
- At the Chinese restaurant Cam Anh, next door to the market, half of the usually-brimming buffet bins had been nabbed by customers as the restaurant prepared for the coming days.
Read full article: theguardian.com