- Medical cannabis patients in the UK will now have faster access to their prescriptions thanks to new changes on import restrictions.
- The UK government has now approved changes to import restrictions to ensure that people with prescriptions for cannabis-based products for medical use do not have their treatment delayed or interrupted.
- The changes mean that patients with conditions such as rare and serious forms of epilepsy or multiple sclerosis will be able to access their medicines in days rather than months.
- Home Secretary Priti Patel said: ” I have taken swift action to allow specialist doctors to issue prescriptions for cannabis-based medicinal products, when they consider their patients would benefit from this treatment.
- Reducing import costs and advancing medical cannabis research
Read full article: healtheuropa.eu