My Journey to Motherhood, Infertility and All
Posted On May 10, 2020
- I met my husband in high school at our college signing day, where we committed to play sports at different colleges.
- Concerned, we made appointments with our respective doctors and learned that my husband’s sperm quality and count were below levels needed to get pregnant naturally.
- The suggestion was to jump right into our first in-vitro fertilization cycle (IVF).
- IUI is less invasive (and way cheaper, usually less than $5,000) and involves placing sperm inside a woman’s uterus to facilitate fertilization.
- Basically, the sperm sample is put through a cleaning process and then shot into a woman’s uterus via something akin to a turkey baster.
- From a very early age, I can remember people telling me about the family I would have one day.
Read full article: coveteur.com