- Health Canada approvals for outdoor cannabis cultivation have increased by more than 25% in the past few months, and growers are bullish for now despite the COVID-19 pandemic that’s encroaching into planting season.
- Outdoor cannabis cultivation has a high potential to disrupt indoor and greenhouse cultivation in Canada , said Mark Spear, CEO of Canadian outdoor cannabis farmers group Wildfire Collective, especially with the acceleration of derivative products like edibles and vaporized concentrates.
- Figures provided by Health Canada suggest the number of outdoor cultivation authorizations should continue growing in the months to come, although the pace of new license approvals might be delayed because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- However, those outdoor application numbers do not explicitly show whether an applicant plans to actually cultivate cannabis outdoors, according to a Health Canada spokeswoman.
- Despite the industry’s general optimism about outdoor cannabis cultivation during COVID-19, 48North’s Vennat warned that the pandemic presents a fast-changing situation for Canada’s marijuana cultivators.
Read full article: mjbizdaily.com