Septic shock: Did tainted CBD contribute to this woman’s death?
Posted On April 6, 2020
- In February, a team of doctors from New York and Florida published a case report about a 56-year-old woman who developed a fatal case of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome/toxic epidermal necrolysis
- About half of SJS-TEN cases are thought to be caused by negative drug interactions.
- One month later she died of septic shock, a fatal reaction where blood pressure becomes dangerously low due to stress from systemic infection.
- She’d used CBD before, but the new brand of product coincided with the adverse reaction.
Read full article: leafly.com