SF’s mayor is telling 4/20 crowds to stay away. But the cannabis party is going online instead
Posted On April 16, 2020
- San Francisco Mayor London Breed has cleared the air and laid down the law over 4/20, the international cannabis holiday that was scheduled to be celebrated in Golden Gate Park on Monday, April 20.
- We will not tolerate anybody coming to San Francisco for 4/20, Breed said Monday, April 13, at a City Hall media briefing addressing the coronavirus pandemic that has forced the cancellation of large events like 420 Hippie Hill and San Francisco Pride this year.
- major 4/20 events will be virtual this year, featuring activism and simultaneous smoke sessions featuring music, comedy, and culinary and cannabis luminaries streaming from remote locations.
- The six-hour event is expected to feature live-streamed music by cannabis culture icons like San Francisco rapper Berner and Grammy-winning rock artist Melissa Etheridge ; comedy performances; panel discussions on criminal reform and veterans issues; chats with entertainers and industry figures; and instructional sessions on cannabis growing and cannabis cooking.
- The crowd cheers and lights up at 4:20 p.m. at the 420 Hippie Hill celebration in Golden Gate Park on Friday, April 20, 2018.
Read full article: datebook.sfchronicle.com