- In 2019, the Farm Bill made it legal to grow hemp in the United States and legal to sell hemp-derived CBD products grown in the US as well as abroad, as long as the hemp plants and hemp-derived products contain less than 0.3 percent of THC per dry weight.
- Studies have also revealed that CBD may be a compound of choice for those struggling with drug addiction , and it may even have the potential to help opioid addicts avoid a relapse through reducing craving and anxiety , according to study author Dr. Yasmin Hurd, a neuroscientist at the Addiction Institute at Mount Sinai (AIMS) in New York.
- While CBD creams, for example, may help ease pain according to anecdotal reports, ” we need a lot more science on a clinical level … not only with CBD but with the other [cannabis] compounds,” Thiele said.
- In a move to crack down on the marketing of cannabis-related products, the US Food and Drug Administration previously issued warning letters to companies for selling cannabidiol products with ” unsubstantiated” health claims that the products treat cancer, Parkinson’s disease and dementia, among other health conditions.
- ” Selling unapproved products with unsubstantiated therapeutic claims — such as claims that CBD products can treat serious diseases and conditions — can put patients and consumers at risk by leading them to put off important medical care.
Read full article: cnn.com