State’s Medical Cannabis Industry Feels Coronavirus Effects Despite Sales Boom
Posted On April 24, 2020
- State’s Medical Cannabis Industry Feels Coronavirus Effects Despite Sales Boom
- Arizona’s medical marijuana dispensaries sold about 17,000 pounds of cannabis in March amid the coronavirus pandemic, netting the industry the highest monthly sales numbers in its 10-year history, according to a report from the state health department.
- Cannabis certification doctor Liz Valentine said her patients are not happy coming in, since many are vulnerable or immunocompromised, but still have to see a doctor in person to obtain a state medical marijuana card.
- Edible brands, like Arizona company Baked Bros, have seen a rise in sales, but still have had to get creative to escape furloughs and layoffs.
- As the way patients get their cannabis shifts, some sectors of the state’s industry like banking technology firm
Read full article: phoenixnewtimes.com