- A new survey from Brightfield Group of consumers who have used CBD in the past 12 months shows nearly 50% have stocked up or plan to stock up on CBD products.
- The research firm has also been tracking social media posts that refer to CBD, both generally and in conjunction with COVID-19 and related terms, since Feb. 14.
- ” With so much of the country in quarantine right now, many are turning to self-care indulgences to keep themselves sane and even just pass the time, which is likely to help boost some CBD self-care products during quarantine time,” says Brightfield Group Managing Director Bethany Gomez.
- Brightfield’s social media tracking also shows tinctures, topicals and edibles are trending for coronavirus-related needs another observation aligned with retailers.
- As cities and even entire states continue implementing mandatory stay-at-home orders, online CBD product sales have skyrocketed.
- Brightfield’s research shows one-third of existing CBD consumers plan to switch to purchasing online.
Read full article: cannabisbusinesstimes.com