- When the U.S. marijuana industry learned of a federal grand jury subpoena served to Weedmaps owner Ghost Management Group, the news was an eye-opener for many in the business.
- The company came under fire from California officials in early 2018 for advertising illegal marijuana retailers, a practice Weedmaps changed as of January .
- So this is a criminal investigation, said San Francisco-based attorney Henry Wykowski, a former federal prosecutor who’s worked with California cannabis companies for more than a decade.
- The subpoena demands any and all documents related to at least 40 different business entities and 17 individuals with whom Weedmaps has apparently worked in some capacity.
- South Bay CRC, short for South Bay Compassionate Relief Collective, which was once a registered nonprofit medical marijuana collective in San Jose but currently is listed as suspended.
- This was the first I’d heard of it at all, said Adam Knopf, an executive with Golden State Greens Point Loma, one of the legal retailers identified in the subpoena.
Read full article: mjbizdaily.com