The Various Roles of Cannabis Czars Across the United States
Posted On May 9, 2020
- The appointment of the first drug czar, Harry Anslinger , accelerated global drug prohibition.
- Jim Carroll currently serves as the director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy under the Trump administration.
- Per the U.S. Office of National Drug Control Policy , Carroll’s role centers on reducing drug use and the consequences of drug use.
- A key focus of the current administration has been providing support to President Trump’s Commission on Combating Drug Addiction.
- During the hearing, Carroll said that uncertainty over the impact of edibles and other high potency items impact public health.
Read full article: hightimes.com