- Although commonly mistaken as the penal code for cannabis use, 420’s origins trace back to the fall of 1971.
- Although the Waldos never encountered the coveted cannabis plot after weeks of searching, their slang permeated the country as Marin County quickly became the epicenter of the counterculture movement of the ’60s.
- With criminalization and prohibition, cannabis subculture and the language around it flourished.
- Slang commonly believed to trace back to the 1960s actually has origins in the 1930s.
- Society has largely graduated from the illicit trading of cash for dime bags and the necessity of cannabis code words to glass counters at lux dispensaries and open, public conversation about one’s latest trip.
Read full article: dailytrojan.com