- On a more personal level, the obese pay a price in higher risks than their healthy-weight peers for developing serious conditions like high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, stroke, osteoarthritis, heart disease, sleep apnea, stroke even depression and all-cause mortality.
- In fact, says Sarah Brewer, MD, a UK-based doctor and member of supplement brand CuraLife’s (Tel Aviv) medical advisory board, Those who are overweight are 1.5 times more likely to have a heart attack than someone who maintains a healthy weight.
- If you’re overweight and store fat around your middle the classic apple shape’ you’re twice as likely to develop coronary heart disease, especially if this runs in your family, Brewer adds.
- So scientists are still looking for an alternative, and there’s some indication that the hemp-derived cannabinoid supplement canna-bidiol, or CBD, may help reduce appetite and stimulate fat cells to burn more fat to generate heat.
- CuraLife’s product CuraLin contains 10 herbal ingredients with long Ayurvedic track records of helping people address type 2 diabetes, Brewer claims.
Read full article: nutritionaloutlook.com